Here are some of the most notable adaptations announced in July 2022.
- Disney, 2DUX² (Marc Forster), and Netter Productions will adapt Neil Gaiman’s The Graveyard Book. David Magee will write the script and Forster will direct. The novel was published in 2008 by HarperCollins.
- Kingdom Story Company and Lionsgate have tapped screenwriter Jason Hall to pen the adaptation of Eric Blehm’s Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy SEAL Team SIX Operator Adam Brown. The nonfiction book was published in 2012 by the Doubleday Religious Publishing Group.
- Disney and Olive Bridge Entertainment will adapt Hans Christian Andersen’s “The Princess and the Pea” under the title Penelope. Robert Sudduth will provide the script, and Ingrid Michaelson and Larry O’Keefe will write original songs. The fairy tale was first published in Andersen’s collection Tales, Told for Children in 1835.
- Kosmos Studios and Stone Village Pictures have tapped screenwriters Nina Gwyn Weiland and Jeff Stockwell to adapt The Story of Holly and Ivy. Gábor Csupó will direct. The children’s book, written by Rumor Gotten and illustrated by Barbara Cooney, was published in 2006 by Viking Books for Young Readers.
- Writer/director Nia DaCosta will adapt Henrik Ibsen’s 1891 play Hedda Gabler for Orion Pictures and Plan B Entertainment.
- Screenwriter Janine Eser will adapt Rachael Denhollander’s memoir What is a Girl Worth?: My Story of Breaking the Silence and Exposing the Truth About Larry Nassar and USA Gymnastics for game1. Tyndall Momentum published in 2019.
- Brett Neveu will script an adaptation of his 2002 play Eric Larue for Brace Cove Productions, Big Indie Pictures, and CaliWood Pictures. Michael Shannon will direct.
Additional script sales can be found here on Script Pipeline.