Final Deadline: August 15th, 2019
$5,000 | long-term industry circulation | project development
The Book Pipeline Non-fiction Competition is open to unpublished and published works based on a true story, including biographies, memoirs, news articles, and essays–anything that could be adapted as a scripted film or TV series. Entries are judged on how well the material would fit into the current marketplace, as Book Pipeline producer partners are continuously seeking diverse, universally appealing projects revolving around real people and real events. Distinct and compelling stories that will resonate with a broad audience.
Every entrant receives general feedback on their submission, specifically on its adaptation potential. Comments are emailed after final judging is completed.
Winner and finalists receive one-on-one assistance from Book Pipeline execs prior to industry exposure, in addition to the following:
- $5,000 to winner, $500 to runner-up
- Long-term circulation and promotion to producers and other execs specifically searching for true stories
- Project development with Book Pipeline to prepare a film or TV series pitch
- Additional material review and circulation consideration of other stories, published or unpublished
- Invitations to annual writer and industry events hosted by Pipeline Media Group