Early Deadline: August 15th, 2019
$5,000| long-term industry circulation | project development
The Book Pipeline Fiction Competition is open to unpublished and published books, graphic novels or comics, short stories, and plays for film/TV adaptation consideration. There are no genre restrictions, and judging criteria is weighed evenly between concept originality, marketability in the current landscape, and overall writing talent. Now in its 6th season, Book Pipeline seeks new properties to connect with producers for development at all levels–from big-budget studio films and series, to smaller indies.
Every entrant receives general feedback on their submission, specifically on its adaptation potential. Comments are emailed after final judging is completed.
Winner and finalists receive one-on-one assistance from Book Pipeline execs prior to industry exposure, in addition to the following:
- $5,000 to winner, $500 to runner-up
- Long-term circulation and promotion to producers and other execs
- Project development with Book Pipeline to prepare a film or TV series pitch
- Additional material review and circulation consideration of other stories, published or unpublished
- Invitations to annual writer and industry events hosted by Pipeline Media Group